Recently I upgraded to a new Mac. I like to install applications from scratch when I upgrade, as it allows me to clean out all the garbage that I didn’t need in the first place. So I’ve compiled a list of all the best free applications I like to have installed on my Mac.
- Adium – ICQ/MSN/GTalk client
- Growl – universal notification
- Quicksilver – excellent replacement for Spotlight
- Cyberduck – SFTP/FTP Client
- Google Notifier – GMail notifier
- HandBrake – DVD to MPEG converter (iPhone, Apple TV etc!)
- DivX for Mac – Video player
- MAMP – Apache/Mysql/PHP wrapped up in a single download!
- NeoOffice – Sun’s Star Office for the Mac
- RDC – Beta version of Remote Desktop from Microsoft. Access Windows Machines remotely.
Nice to have: